What is My Office Tools
My Office Tools is a browser add-on that allegedly enhances your Internet browsing experience. In sober fact, this is a bare-faced lie. The behavior of this program could be categorized as a hijacker. This infection tends to impact your internet browser by setting your homepage and search engine to either https://hmyofficetools.co/. It will prevent all your attempts to restore your browser settings like it was before. Except that, the fake altered search results have no benefit for users, they can also redirect you to websites containing more dangerous malicious infections. Meanwhile, every page of the browser will be filled up bothersome ads. Needless to say, that sponsored ads get revenue for developers. All this, surely, interferes with the computer user’s browsing experience. Furthermore, this intruder monitors all your browsing activities like IP addresses, web pages visited, browsing history, cookies, account credentials, and other information. Hence, don’t be surprised then if you find that your personal data will become publicly available. This guide will help you remove My Office Tools browser hijacker and avoid all the consequences associated with it.
How to remove My Office Tools hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove My Office Tools hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove My Office Tools hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find My Office Tools hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find My Office Tools and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find My Office Tools, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate My Office Tools and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall My Office Tools or My Office Tools Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application My Office Tools from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Mac OSX
After that remove My Office Tools from your browser.
Step 2: Remove My Office Tools from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find My Office Tools.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find My Office Tools in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to My Office Tools and select Remove.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find My Office Tools or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Safari.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose My Office Tools.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable My Office Tools.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Safari.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Google Chrome.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Remove My Office Tools from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find My Office Tools Pop-ups.
- Turn of My Office Tools from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J