Infected with NANO ransomware? Need to decrypt NANO files?
What is NANO ransomware
NANO is another cryptographer, extorting user money. this virus is an updated version of Rapid ransomware. Cryptovirus encrypts almost all user data on the computer using the AES algorithm. Audio files, videos, archives, office documents and other files are at risk. The virus makes these files unusable by changing the extension to .NANO. After encrypting files, NANO creates #RECOVERY_FILES#.txt text file containing information about the ransom.
here is the content of this note:
Oops! Your files have been encrypted.
Your files are no longer accessible.
You might have been looking for any way to recover your files.
Don't waste your time, you can't recovery PC without our
Our email: IamBaronSaturday@gmail.com
Your ID (send it to my mail):
* Only IamBaronSaturday@gmail.com can decrypt your files
* Trust no one IamBaronSaturday@gmail.com
* Do not attempt to uninstall the program or run anti-virus tools
* Attempts to self-encrypt files will result in loss of your data
* Decoders of other users are not compatible with your data because each user has a unique encryption key
Like similar cryptoviruses, it tries to scare the user as much as possible, speaking of limited time. Fraudsters require the user to contact them to clarify the redemption amount, which can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. As you may have guessed, all their words are false, scammers will not restore your files and will not give you a decryption utility, because getting your money is their only goal.
If you try to decrypt the files themselves, then most likely, you will not succeed, because NANO removes shadow copies of files, system restore points and other system files to exclude the possibility of file recovery. You need to use special tools that will help you in this situation.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How NANO ransomware infected your PC
NANO has many ways to penetrate the system, here are some of them. The virus can come through unprotected network settings, or as an attachment to spam mailing. Also, sometimes, it can come in the form of imaginary updates for the flash player and other programs. As a rule, it comes unnoticed, without the user’s consent. The most effective method for preventing computer infection is the use of paid versions of antiviruses and specialized utilities that have functions for protecting user networks, e-mail, and so on. In case this has already penetrated your PC, then you can use our tips listed below to remove NANO from your computer and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the NANO ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to NANO ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of WiperSoft.
Decrypt your files using decryption tool
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of NANO ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
Command And Conquer Generals No Cd Patch.exe
How to decrypt files infected by NANO ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of NANO ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Tim Kas