What is Nemty ransomware?
If all the personal files on your computer have .nemty extension, then unfortunately your PC is infected with ransomware. Nemty ransomware is able to encipher personal data by using AES encryption algorithm. The only difficult thing for any ransomware threat is to crawl into system, especially with a proper anti-virus. It may use trojans, infected spam emails attachments, fake updaters and pirated software to sneak into your PC. Once Nemty ransomware is in a system, it will immediately start encrypting procedures. This ransomware adds .nemty file extension to the name of all the encrypted data. In this article you may learn how to remove Nemty ransomware and decrypt .nemty files.
Once enciphering procedures are finished and the data on your computer is encrypted, the ransomware will drop text file with a ransom note – NEMTY-DECRYPT.txt. Cyber criminals will offer you a deal – pay for decryption of your files:
—=== NEMTY PROJECT ===—
[+] Whats Happen? [+]
Your files are encrypted, and currently unavailable. You can check it: all files on you computer has extension .nemty
By the way, everything is possible to restore, but you need to follow our instructions. Otherwise, you cant return your data (NEVER).
[+] What guarantees? [+]
It’s just a business. We absolutely do not care about you and your deals, except getting benefits.
If we do not do our work and liabilities – nobody will not cooperate with us.
It’s not in our interests.
If you will not cooperate with our service – for us, its does not matter. But you will lose your time and data, cause just we have the private key.
In practise – time is much more valuable than money.
[+] How to get access on website? [+]
1) Download and install TOR browser from this site: https://torproject.org/
2) Open our website: zjoxyw5mkacojk5ptn2iprkivg5clow72mjkyk5ttubzxprjjnwapkad.onion/pay
When you open our website, follow the instructions and you will get your files back.
Configuration file path: C:\Users\admin
How Nemty Ransomware infected your PC
Most crypto viruses, in particular, Nemty Ransomware, come to the computer. Using the vulnerability setting up the user network, due to the lack of adequate anti-virus software or other programs that can prevent the entry of similar viruses. It can also come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a utility or program that is contained in your system. Anyway, you need to use antiviruses and other programs that can protect your PC. Below you will find our recommendations to remove Nemty Ransomware and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Nemty Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Nemty Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
CleanMyMac fully removes all instances of newest viruses from Mac/MacBook and Safari. Besides, leaner can help to optimize MacOS and free up disk space. Compatible with all versions of MacOS.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Nemty Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Nemty Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Nemty Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.