What is Nibiru ransomware?
Nibiru ransomware is a dangerous virus that was created with the purpose of blackmailing people. The virus is trying to infiltrate the victim’s system with the help of trojans, botnets, exploits, and infected spam email attachments. When the virus successfully infiltrates the user’s computer, it will immediately run its malicious processes and start the encryption procedure. It will use a strong encryption algorithm to encipher all victim’s data so that these files can not be used or accessed until they are decrypted. The decryption key may unlock all the data and that is exactly why cyber criminals offer a deal for victim – money in exchange for the decryption key. The cost of decryption may be terrifically huge. If you got this virus on your computer, you may use our tutorial in order to remove Nibiru ransomware and decrypt .Nibiru files.
Once the encryption procedure is done, you won’t be able to open files with .Nibiru extension unless they are decrypted. The ransom-demanding message is presented on the form of a screen locker with a countdown timer. Cybercriminals urge users to pay them an incredibly huge amount of money: $4.5 million in Bitcoin within 52 hours for the file recovery, otherwise, the ransom amount will triple. As usual, cybercriminals offer free decryption of several files to prove that they can really decrypt the victim’s files. Typically, such virus programs encrypt data securely enough so that you have no choice but to purchase decryption tools from cybercriminals. Regular backups will save you these problems. It is worth noting that the files remain encrypted even after the removal of the ransomware, its deletion only prevents further encryption.
The content of Nibiru ransom note:
YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED
All your files,documents,important datas,mp4,mp3 and anything valuable
to you are encrypted with powerful military grade Ransomware/Doxware.
We can be mean,dangerous if you dont't follow our instructions on time.
We are right at the heart of your servers and we have already transfered
Terabytes of your datas to our serves.We will leak it online if your dont
pay us $4.5 Million of Bitcoin within 52 hours.
Don't let them deceive you,incase you are looking for shortcut to get
decryption key elsewhere.NO SOLUTION ELSE WHERE.If you don't
respond on time.We will cause physical damage to all your networks
by crashing your computers,Internet and power shutdown,Stuxnet
and BlackEnergy Malware included.HELP YOURSELF by following
the instructions below and contact us immediately.
Click to Hide Details
FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
1)You can contacts us first via
2)Look for Bitcoin services online and signup
3)Get $4.5 Million worth of Bitcoin
4)Pay within 52 hrs or you pay 3x after
5)You pay to Bitcoin Address that we will give
you through the email above
6)Once You pay,you get the KEY to decrypt files.
Enter Your Key
Click To View Content
THE FOLLOWING ARE BOUND TO HAPPEN
IF YOU TAKE THIS WITH LEVITY..........
1)Key to decrypt data/files will forever be lost
2)We are going to release your Confidential
documents,Company secrets,your shady deals
to the whole world
3)Customer info/details/contact will be leaked
4)You will loose over $ 100 million because of
downtime and total shutdown
5)Individual and Companies will sue your ASS
6)YOUR REPUTATION WILL BE OVER.
In the end, it’s up to you to believe it or not, but let us warn you – no one can ensure that they would do their part of the deal. On the contrary, there is a high risk of being deceived and simply left with nothing. Of course, they claim the opposite, that it is supposedly not in their interests to trick you. The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove Nibiru ransomware from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus and then restore your data from the backup.
Screenshot of encrypted files:
There are two solutions to remove Nibiru Ransomware and decrypt your files. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complicated way that requires special computer skills.
How Nibiru ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use various techniques to deliver the virus to the target computer. Ransomware viruses can infiltrate victims’ computers more than in one or two ways, in most cases, cryptoviral extortion attack is carried out with the help of the following methods:
- This is the most used distribution method. Cybercriminals use fraudulent emails to pose as official organization or business company (receipts, winning notification, confirmation of order; bank messages, and so on) to lure unsuspecting users into clicking on a malicious attachment – just one click to make your files inaccessible. To mislead the user and make it look like an official email, cybercriminals adds an extra symbol to the email address, for example, instead of firstname.lastname@example.org, you may see service[.]@paypal.com or service[_]@paypal.com. That’s why you should always pay attention to received emails and identify the sender to make sure that this is from a trusted source. Also, the presence of grammatical and typographical errors in the text of the message indicates that this is a fake. If nothing’s wrong, scan attachment with antivirus software first and then you can open it. Compliance with all these rules will help you save a lot of nerve, time and money.
- Hackers use the special toolkit to exploit known vulnerabilities in systems or applications. That’s why you should always make Windows updates on time and keep them up to date. Remember that these updates close the security holes of the system through which the virus can enter your computer. Make sure that your operating system itPay is not outdated and is officially supported, for example, Windows XP, Vista, 7 are no longer supported.
- Nibiruous dubious web-sources can contain malicious scripts or hyperlinks that can infect your system. Our advice – avoid visiting P2P sites and websites with illegal content (pirated software, movies, music). Use only legitimate services and remember – there’s no free lunch in this world.
- Cybercriminals often abuse the built-in Windows feature – Remote Desktop Protocol to infect computer with ransomware. That way, they access target computer remotely and install virus manually. To avoid infection via RDP, you should set a different from 3389 TCP port and use a more strong password.
|Type of threat||Ransomware, cryptovirus, file-locking virus|
|Amont of Ransom||$4.5 million in Bitcoin|
ESET-NOD32 (A Variant Of MSIL/Filecoder.FG),
Kaspersky (UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic), more detections VirusTotal
|Distribution||Spam email attachments, RDP, pirated software, torrent websites, phishing sites|
In order to completely remove ransomware from your computer, you will need to install an antivirus software. We recommend using Norton Antivirus
The only effectvie method to restore files is to copy them from a saved backup. If you don’t have a suitable backup, you may use third-party recover software such as Stellar Data Recovery
How to remove Nibiru ransomware?
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Once Nibiru ransomware has been successfully removed, you can begin the file decryption procedure.
How to decrypt files infected by Nibiru Ransomware?
Method 1. Restore your files with the help of Recovery Tool
In case your PC has been attacked by ransomware, you may restore your files by using file recovery software. Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most effective tools that can recover lost and corrupted files — documents, emails, pictures, videos, audio files, and more — on any Windows device. The powerful scan engine can detect compromised files and finally save them to specified destination. Despite its advancedness, it’s very concise and simple so that even the most inexperienced user can figure it out.
- Run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
- After this, select a destination and click Start Saving to save restored data.
Since new ransomware-type viruses appear almost every day, there is no technical possibility to issue a decryptor for each virus. In this case, the recovery tool comes to the rescue. Despite the fact that this is one of the most effective methods in the absence of a decryptor, this is not 100 percent and not the only way.
Method 2. Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Nibiru Ransomware can remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data. The entire process is preferably carried out in Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
For Windows XP/Vista/7 users:
Restart your computer and before your system starts – hit F8 several times. This will prevent system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with Command Prompt option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
For Windows 8/10 users:
- Click the Start button, then select Settings
- Click Update & Security, then select Recovery and click Restart now.
- After your device reboots, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup Settings > Restart
- After your PC restarts, you should press F5 key to Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
After the system is loaded in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, do following:
- In the Command Prompt window, type cd restore and hit Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter again.
- Once a new window shows up, click Next.
- Choose the date before the infection appearance and click Next again
- In the opened pop-up window, click Yes to start system restore.
Method 4. Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Click the ecrypted file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
No one is safe from infection with a virus that secretly encrypts your data. But in order to minimize this risk, you need to follow the rules:
1. Always make Windows updates on time and keep them up to date. Remember that these updates close the security holes of the system through which the virus can enter your computer.
2. The most efficient way to avoid data loss is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer. It is enough just to synchronize the necessary folders with one of the cloud services, so as not to be afraid to see the text requiring the payment of bitcoins in exchange for a decryption key. It can be a cloud or a remote hard drive on the network. If you store all your files on the Internet, the likelihood of virus infection will be lower. Do not make copies to external hard drives, as this could damage them.
3. Since spam email is the most popular form of spreading ransomware-type viruses, the user should never open email attachments without first having scanned them with antivirus. Just clicking on the link or opening the attachment can damage the operating system (Windows) in a few minutes, damage important data and infect other machines with the virus.
4. All previous methods do not matter if you do not have a reliable antivirus. The presence of anti-virus protection on your computer can prevent all these unpleasant surprises. Anti-virus software will protect you from malware, money loss, time loss, invasion of your personal life. Now the antivirus market is so huge that it is difficult to make a choice in favor of one of them. If you have not decided who to give preference to, we suggest you familiarize with our Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows