Infected with Predator ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Predator ransomware
Predator ransomware or Predator The Cipher v1.0 is another ransomware virus which very quickly infects user PC, encrypts all data and offer decryption for $100 in BTC. Any encryption method doesn’t exist unknown because the virus is relatively new. Predator ransomware developers use AES encryption, also virus creates README.txt files with the following content:
Here is the text of this note:
Your files were encrypted with Predator The Cipher!
Predator The Cipher v1.0
To decrypt your files:
1. Send 100$ to this bitcoin wallet: *****************.
2. Send us email with your machine ID (***********) and bitcoin wallet ID: email@example.com
Then we would send you back our decipher tool.
DO NOT TRY TO DECRYPT OR DELETE YOUR FILES. YOU WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE!
We recommend to remove Predator ransomware and decrypt .predator files. Please read our easy article for it. We also not recommend to pay cyber scammers, because the can trick you easily.
How Predator ransomware infected your PC
Predator ransomware has many ways of penetrating computers, the main ones of which are unprotected user network settings. Also, most often, it takes the form of attachments and spreads through spam mailing. Many users open an infected email and it starts its malicious activity right away. Do not try to restore your files yourself, so you can make it worse. You need to use paid versions of antivirus and other programs and utilities that can really prevent the penetration of such viruses. If your PC has already been attacked, then use our guide to remove POLICJA!!!.
HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Predator ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Predator ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Restore .predator files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Predator ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Predator ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Predator ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi