Infected with Qinynore Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Qinynore ransomware
Qinynore ransomware is another virus-encryptor, extorting money from users. The greatest activity of this crypto-hacker was fixed at the end of September this year. Like analogs, it encrypts user files using the AES encryption algorithm. After encryption, the virus changes the extension of the victim files to .anonymous. After that, the files become unusable. Qinynore creates a special file YOU_MUST_READ_ME.rtf containing information about the buyback:
Files has been encrypted with Qinynore ransomware, a Russian Hacker organization in association with anonymous.
Send me some bitcoins or say goodbye to your files
Note: DonA't try to be smart, if you are seeing this it means that even if your antivirus detect the virus the files are already encryped.
Even If you canA't see time is still counting, do not forget, 5 hours to pay since you got infected
In some cases, the virus changes the desktop wallpaper to an image with information about the buy-out. There are two options with different pictures, but the same name lol.jpg and amount of redemption.
The note states that the user needs to pay about 0.682 bitcoins (about 400 euros) to redeem the user files. This is a considerable amount. Moreover, the cryptovirus removes shadow copies of files and system restore points to exclude the possibility of manual file recovery. Of course, we can not help but say that this is a trick of scammers, they will not return your files to you even if you fulfill their requirements. We strongly recommend that you remove Qinynore using our recommendations below.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Qinynore ransomware infected your PC
The most vulnerable part of the computer is unprotected network settings, and this is how Qinynore penetrates into users’ computers. Moreover, Qinynore can come in the form of an attachment to spam mailing or as a false update of a flash player or another program. Be that as it may, do not pay scammers. Use our guides to try and get rid of Qinynore and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Qinynore ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Qinynore ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Qinynore ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Qinynore ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Qinynore ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi