Infected with Ransom102 Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Ransom102 Ransomware
This article is devoted to Ransom102 cryptovirus that has recently become the most active. This virus, like other analogues, comes to the computer and encrypted user data of various formats, such as video, audio and other multimedia files, games and much more. Ransom102 uses a special DES algorithm that makes the decryption of files on its own virtually impossible. Moreover, it adds special .ransomwared extension to files. The cryptovirus creates a special file that contains detailed information about the ransom. This is what this file looks like.
You are ransomwared! To recover your files, email us and buy recovery code :)
Malefactors are laconic. However, based on our facts and user reviews, we can say that fraudsters demand a ransom in the form of cryptocurrency, which can reach several hundred dollars. moreover, there is no guarantee that intruders really act on you your files for the money. Most likely to ask for money for nothing. We strongly recommend that you delete this crypto virus and decrypt your files using our recommendations.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Ransom102 infected your PC
Download cryptovirus arrives on the computer in a month, the network’s scientific parameters. As a rule, an application can penetrate as far as it is possible to update an add-on for a program. This is because the owners are rarely used in software programs that can prevent the penetration of such threats. If you find that xxx has already penetrated your computer, then delete it immediately and try to decrypt your files yourself.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Ransom102 system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Ransom102 virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Ransom102 – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Ransom102:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Ransom102?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Ransom102 remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi