Infected with Rapid Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Rapid Ransomware
Today we will talk in detail about the Rapid Ransomware cryptovirus, which has spread throughout the world, despite the fact that the attackers initially aimed at English-speaking users. This virus encrypts user data by changing their extension on .rapid, .paymeme. Of course, files become unusable. This also creates a special note file ! How Recovery Files.txt that contains information about the purchase.
All your files have been encrypted by us
If you want restore files write on e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
The note contains methods for paying the ransom as well as its value. In any case, the user must pay the ransom in the cryptocurrency, since such operations are not monitored by law enforcement agencies, and attackers can safely avoid punishment. We do not recommend paying, as it is not a fact that the attackers will really return your files to you in their original state. You need to read our recommendations below, to try to delete it and decrypt the files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Rapid Ransomware infected your PC
Like many analogs, it comes to a computer seeping through holes in the network settings. This is a consequence of the fact that users rarely use paid anti-virus software, which is Error. You need to choose the advanced version of antiviruses so that they can really prevent the penetration of such viruses. You can also read our recommendations as well as a list of utilities that can help you in your situation, to remove it and to decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Rapid Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Rapid Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of Rapid Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Rapid Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Rapid Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Rapid Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi