What is Road Maps & Traffic
Road Maps & Traffic (Roadmapsandtraffic.com) is promoted as a browser extension that helps users plan routes, travel, or look for suitable transport and so on. In fact, it is a browser hijacker that alters the web-browser settings and makes these changes irreversible. Once installed, it sets https://playgamenowtab1.com/ as a user’s preferred search engine, homepage, and new tab URL. The real purpose of this application is to analyze your Internet activity and preferred sites. Browser hijacker logs all information about visited sites and search queries for commercial partners. After that, the virus usually starts to insert ads into the search results on your browser as well as redirect users to ad-supported domains. You may follow this guide to uninstall Road Maps & Traffic extension and remove Search.roadmapsandtraffic.com redirect in browsers.
|Name||Road Maps & Traffic|
|Type of threat||browser hijacker|
|URL address||Search.roadmapsandtraffic.com, Roadmapsandtraffic.com|
|Symptoms||Browser hijacker changes homepage and search engine of browser so that users are forced to use them. It fills the targeted browser with commercial content in form of pop-ups, banners, in-text links, audio/video ads, etc. Also, hijacker can occasionally cause redirects to third-party websites|
|Infiltration||Freeware programs, illegal software, software cracks, torrents, fake updates|
|Manual Removal||To eliminate threat manually, you should remove all files and applications related to the browser hijacker|
|Removal Tool||To completely get rid of hijacker, We recommend using SpyHunter. This is the only way you can be 100% sure that all components of the threat are removed from the system.|
How to remove Road Maps & Traffic hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove Road Maps & Traffic hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove Road Maps & Traffic hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Road Maps & Traffic hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Road Maps & Traffic and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Road Maps & Traffic, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Road Maps & Traffic and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall Road Maps & Traffic or Road Maps & Traffic Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application Road Maps & Traffic from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Mac OSX
After that remove Road Maps & Traffic from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Road Maps & Traffic from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Road Maps & Traffic.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find Road Maps & Traffic in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to Road Maps & Traffic and select Remove.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Road Maps & Traffic or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Safari.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Road Maps & Traffic.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Road Maps & Traffic.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Safari.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Google Chrome.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Remove Road Maps & Traffic from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Road Maps & Traffic Pop-ups.
- Turn of Road Maps & Traffic from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J