Infected with RobinHood HT Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is RobinHood HT Ransomware
RobinHood HT is a cryptovirus that comes to the computer and encrypts user data of various formats using an algorithm AES. After encryption, the attackers demand a ransom in bitcoins. Like many other cryptovirus, this changes the extension of the infected files to .robinhood. The virus can create two types of Notes, which contain information about possible methods of redemption and decryption of files. It can be a text file LEEAME.txt or an image sets as desktop wallpaper. Here’s what it looks like.
:V Tus Archivos Han Sido Encriptados Por ROBIN HOOD COMUNICATE firstname.lastname@example.org :V"
Ooops, your files have been encrypted!
Your data were encrypted and you don't have an access to your assets anymore.
You may attempt to decrypt your files, however,it may be just waste of your time.
--Who are you?--
We are just random people.
--How can I contact you?--
Unfortunately you can't contact us.We do not provide customer service.
--How can I restore my files?--
You may kindly ask for a decryption key,but it will cost you 500 points.
--If I pay, do you guarantee to send me the decryption key?--
We always guarantee high quality services.
It is worth noting that the lock screen is written in Spanish, but the cryptovirus has already spread around the world. The notes do not have any specific information, only the email address at which the user needs to contact the attackers. In advance, it must be said that fraudsters will demand a ransom of several hundred dollars for decrypting files. You do not need to do this, you need to read the instructions to remove RobinHood HT and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How RobinHood HT Ransomware infected your PC
Most of the Crypto viruses, in particular, RobinHood HT, come to the computer through holes in the user network settings. These vulnerabilities exist because users very rarely use any software that can truly secure the system. Most often, users do not use antivirus software at all. We recommend that you use our recommendations, which are listed below, try to remove RobinHood HT right now and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will RobinHood HT Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the RobinHood HT Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of RobinHood HT Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of RobinHood HT Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by RobinHood HT Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of RobinHood HT Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi