What is Sapphire Ransomware
Sapphire ransomware is a cryptovirus encrypting user’s files of various formats. For example, Sapphire ransomware encrypts photos, videos, multimedia, archives and much more. As you know, such files are very important for users and therefore many are ready to pay the ransom immediately. Also, Sapphire ransomware changes the file extension to .sapphire, which makes them permanently inoperative and unreadable. Among other things, Sapphire ransomware creates a special pop-up file that contains information about encryption and ransom methods. Here’s what it looks like:
YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED!!
Your personal photos, documents, music and videos have
been encrypted by Sapphire! I’m in a good mood today and
decided that I will not delete your files. But rather hold on to them.
To decrypt them. You need to pay me $25 in Bitcoins to get the key.
Your files will remain what they are right now. and they will stay that
way until you decrypt your files.
Bitcoin Address: 1399Zu6zdH3jUG9XakPKXmi2AWNwvhGAyh
Attackers describe which files they encrypted. The user needs to pay $ 25 in bitcoins in order to get the decryption key. By the way, the cryptocurrency was not chosen by chance, because such transactions are almost impossible to track. Be that as it may, do not pay. Yes, $ 25 is not a very large amount, but why give this money to scammers? Moreover, no one will give you a guarantee that the files will be truly decrypted. Use our recommendations to delete Sapphire ransomware and decrypt .sapphire files.
How to remove Sapphire Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Sapphire Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Sapphire Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft is a powerful removal tool. It can detect and remove all instances of newest viruses, pop-ups, ransomware or trojans. Free version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of WiperSoft that costs $39.99.
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Sapphire Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Sapphire Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Sapphire Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.