What is SaveTheQueen ransomware?
SaveTheQueen is another ransomware encrypting files. As usual, victims must contact the developers to gain access. Otherwise, they will not be able to decrypt their files without the necessary utilities that the developers of particular ransomware have. Of course, these cybercriminals always try to convince you that only they can help you after they hurt. You only need to pay a reasonable price. This ransomware adds the extension .SaveTheQueen to the file names. For example, “1.jpg” becomes “1.jpg.SaveTheQueen” and the like. In addition, it creates the text file “.SaveTheQueen.HelpMe.TXT” that invites the user to contact the developers of SaveTheQueen. Your folders with files encrypted by SaveTheQueen (“.SaveTheQueen” extension) will look like this:
It says that if you want to restore files, then for decryption you need a unique private key, which can only be exclusively purchased from the “geniuses” who developed SaveTheQueen. You are strongly recommended to contact them no later than 7 days after an unpleasant surprise by writing to email@example.com or godSaveyou@tuta.io, otherwise, this key will be deleted permanently. The authors of SaveTheQueen call themselves MaliciousComputerServices, an IT security company. They even have a website where they sell their unwanted software and provide some kind of service. One of these services is to unlock files encrypted using ransomware. In any case, you cannot trust ransomware who directly or indirectly has already harmed you. You can pay as much as they want and not get anything in return.
The ransom file “.SaveTheQueen.HelpMe.TXT” will contain the following text:
Do not panic!
All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted and have the extension: .SaveTheQueen
The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key.
Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.
Contact us by e-mail in 7 days ; or your key will be deleted permanently.
God bless you!
There are two solutions to this problem. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complex way that requires special computer skills.
How SaveTheQueen ransomware gets on my computer?
Use the instructions given here to remove this dirty trick and return your data.
As usual, we have 2 options, manual and automatic.
How to remove SaveTheQueen Ransomware?
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Rapid (.cryptolocker) Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Rapid (.cryptolocker) Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Rapid (.cryptolocker) Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Rapid (.cryptolocker) Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Rapid (.cryptolocker) Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Rapid (.cryptolocker)t-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.