Infected with Scarab Recovery ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Scarab Recovery ransomware
Scarab Recovery is the newest version of ransomware virus, which encrypts all files on users machines and demand ransom for decryption. All Cybercriminals demands decribed in document HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT:
All your files are encrypted!!!!!!
Your documents, photos, databases and other important data were encrypted.
Data recovery requires a decryptor.
To receive the decryptor, you should send an email to the email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
In the letter, indicate your personal identifier (see at the end of the document).
Then you will receive further instructions
* Do not attempt to uninstall the program or run antivirus software
* Attempts to self-decrypt files will result in the loss of your data
Of course, real decryption is not assured, so we recommend to ignore cybercriminals instructions. They, very likely, lie to their victims. All files become coded by the virus after infiltration. The first symptom is a new .Recovery extension. We think it’s better to remove the virus manually and restore .Recovery files by using our article.
Scarab Ransomware – .scorpio, .scarab
Scarab-Please – .please
Scarab-Crypto – .crypto
Amnesia – .amnesia, .@decrypt_files2017, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .TRMT
Scarab-XTBL(Oblivion) – .xtbl, .oblivion
Horsia – .email@example.com
Scarab-Walker – .JohnnieWalker
Scarab-Osk – .osk
Scarab-Rebus – .rebus
Scarab-DiskDoctor – .diskdoctor
Scarab-Bomber – .bomber, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .email@example.com
Scarab Bin – .Bin
Scarab Red – .Red
Note, that one of the main features of every Scarab Ransomware version is naming and contains of ransom notes with ransom demands, created by the ransomware. Please compare the example of Scarab Ransomware in 1 paragraph with yours.
Advice: if your version of ransom notes has differences – please write us in comments, we try to help you to identify your virus.
If ransom notes of you PC equal with our example, please follow our article below, to remove Scarab Recovery ransomware.
How Scarab Recovery ransomware infected your PC
Scarab Recovery ransomware comes to the computer without the user’s consent as an email attachment or when spam mailing. Also, it can come bundled with other malicious software through unprotected network settings. You need to use special utilities and programs that can help to protect your PC. If Scarab Recovery has already come to your PC, then you can use our detailed recommendations to remove it right now and decrypt .Recovery files. HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab Recovery ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Scarab Recovery ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Scarab Recovery ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Scarab Recovery ransomware?
Restore .Recovery files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Also, you can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Scarab Recovery ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas