What is SearchSpace
SearchSpace is a so-called “redirect virus” that modifies settings of Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla, IE, or Edge browsers without user consent. As a result, the user is forced to visit Search-space.net every time he launches the browser. Since browser hijacker is used for income generation from advertising, you may notice an increased amount of pop-up ads as well as random redirects to commercial websites. Be careful, these commercial offers are displayed in order to trick you into downloading rogue software or impose unnecessary paid services. In some cases, it might trigger Bing redirect, and although it is a legitimate website, the user will still be provided with misleading results that can help you visit ad sites. Thus, the user can click on a link and end up on an absolutely irrelevant website that has nothing in common with the required one. The only way to stop such activity is to remove Search-space.net from your computer.
How to remove Search-space.net hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove Search-space.net hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove Search-space.net hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Search-space.net hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Search-space.net and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Search-space.net, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Search-space.net and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall Search-space.net or Search-space.net Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application Search-space.net from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Mac OSX
After that remove Search-space.net from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Search-space.net from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Search-space.net.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find Search-space.net in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to Search-space.net and select Remove.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Search-space.net or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Safari.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Search-space.net.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Search-space.net.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Safari.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Google Chrome.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Remove Search-space.net from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Search-space.net Pop-ups.
- Turn of Search-space.net from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J
search-space.net extension ABUSE malware never intentionally installed cannot remove. Please help!! chrome://extensions/?id=lpfpbajbnhddlpljjnfndngbkkfkjfna This is my personal computer, I am the only Administrator I have tried malwarebytes, windows defender McAfee no luck removing it
try to check your browsers’ shortcut. Sometimes even removing malicious programs from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing an unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. To do so:
1. Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
2. If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
3. Usually, you are not able to delete a link from the Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
4. Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
5. Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
6. New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
7. Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
8. Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.