What is Searchactiv.com hijacker
You open the browser and suddenly find Searchactiv.com instead of your default search engine. If you have encountered this problem, then your computer is infected with malware. Malware like this is categorized as a browser hijacker. The browser hijacker is a small application that is used for advertising purposes and link promotion. This is the reason why you will deal with irrelevant results filled with commercial content, numerous advertisements, and annoying redirects leading to affiliate websites. If you want to stop such activity, you need to remove Searchactiv.com from your browser. To do this, follow our step-by-step guide.
How Searchactiv.com hijacker gets on your PC?
In most cases, potentially unwanted programs, such as adware and malware, come without the user’s consent, complete with free programs and the Internet. This happens because users rarely pay attention to the installation package that they receive when they download a program. Scammers often hide malware as an additional component of the installation package. You need to closely monitor the installation process, and also pay attention to the list of components and elements of the program. Moreover, you need to use special software that is able to prevent the penetration of such threats. If Searchactiv.com has already penetrated your computer, then you need to use our recommendations, which are listed below, to remove it.
How to remove Searchactiv.com hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Also, you can try to remove Searchactiv.com hijacker manually. For uninstalling Searchactiv.com hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Searchactiv.com hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Searchactiv.com hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Searchactiv.com and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Searchactiv.com, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Searchactiv.com and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Searchactiv.com from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Searchactiv.com from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Searchactiv.com.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Searchactiv.com.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Searchactiv.com.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove Searchactiv.com from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Searchactiv.com Pop-ups.
- Turn of Searchactiv.com from Allowed to Block.