Infected with Sodinokibi Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Sodinokibi Ransomware
Sodinokibi is a cryptovirus developer of which this cryptovirus targets English-speaking users, however, it has already spread to all points of the globe. Many others, it encrypts user data and requires a ransom of 0.475 to 0.950 bitcoins. Also, unlike similar viruses, it assigns an extension that can change constantly
Hello dear friend!
Your files are encrypted, and, as result you can't use it. You must visit our page to get instructions about decryption process.
All encrypted files have got hg6u62 extension.
Instructions into the TOR network
Install TOR browser from https://torproject.org/
Visit the following link: http://aplebzu47wgazapdqks6vrcv6zcnjppkbxbr6wketf56nf6aq2nmyoyd.onion/C2D97495C4BA3647
Instructions into WWW (The following link can not be in work state, if true, use TOR above):
Visit the following link: http://decryptor.top/C2D97495C4BA3647
Page will ask you for the key, here it is:
Attackers use their favourite strategy using the Tor browser. This allows attackers to avoid when following the law because thanks to this browser they leave no traces. It is necessary to pay the ransom, the size of which we indicated above. Of course, we do not recommend you to pay, as there is no guarantee that intruders actually encrypt your files turned into their original appearance. there is no possibility of self-decryption of files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Sodinokibi Ransomware infected your PC
Based on our data, many crypto viruses, in particular, Sodinokibi, come to the computer through unprotected user network settings. This happens because users use free versions of antiviruses or do not use antiviruses at all. This is a mistake. It may also come as a false update for utilities or as an attachment to a spam mailing list. You need to be extremely attentive. Use antiviruses to prevent the penetration of such viruses, because it is much easier than coping with a cryptovirus that has already penetrated your computer and encrypted your files. Below we provide instructions for removing Sodinokibi Ransomware and decrypting your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Sodinokibi Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Sodinokibi Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Sodinokibi Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Sodinokibi Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Sodinokibi Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Sodinokibi Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi