Infected with Tellyouthepass Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Tellyouthepass Ransomware
Today’s article is about Tellyouthepass cryptovirus and which became popular in the last weeks of March of this year. This is a cryptic virus that comes to your computer encrypts user data of various formats, such as office documents, video, audio, other multimedia, much more. After encryption, this changes the extension of these files to .locked. Of course, after the changes are made, the files become unusable for further use. The virus also creates a special text file README.html that contains information about the methods of redemption, below you can read its contents:
I am so sorry ! All your files have been encryptd by RSA-1024 and AES-256 due to a computer security problems.
If you think your data is very important .The only way to decrypt your file is to buy my decrytion tool .
else you can delete your encrypted data or reinstall your system.
Your personid :
Decrytion do as follows:
1. if you not own bitcoin,you can buy it online on some websites. like https://localbitcoins.net/ or https://www.coinbase.com/ .
2. send 0.2 btc to my wallet address 1CLWBxbBKddQTUuhsUsn8izq2crUAgGYZ1.
3. send your btc transfer screenshots and your persionid to my email email@example.com . i will send you decrytion tool.
1.don't rename your file
2.you can try some software to decrytion . but finally you will kown it's vain .
Anything you want to help . please send mail to my email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a nice day .
In the note, the attackers recommend that users pay a ransom in the equivalent of bitcoins, this is done in order to avoid prosecution by law enforcement agencies. Of course, paying a few hundred dollars is expensive. We do not advise you to pay. You need to familiarize yourself with our recommendations, which are listed below, in order to remove Tellyouthepass and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Tellyouthepass Ransomware infected your PC
As well as many other similar cryptovirus, Tellyouthepass comes through gaps in the settings of the user network, which arise due to the lack of Web anti-virus software or other programs that can prevent the penetration of such threats. You can also come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for the program and utility. However, we recommend that you remove Tellyouthepass using our recommendations, which are listed below.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Tellyouthepass Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Tellyouthepass Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Tellyouthepass Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Tellyouthepass Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Tellyouthepass Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Tellyouthepass Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi