Infected with TrumpHead Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is TrumpHead Ransomware
TrumpHead Ransomware can be attributed cryptovirus cryptographer, which are aimed at the English users. This cryptovirus encrypts user data of various formats and types, such as video and audio files, archives, and more. After encryption, TrumpHead requires a ransom of 0.8 bitcoins. Cryptovirus is written in Go. Also, the ransomware creates a special file READ_THIS.txt that contains information about what happened.
We're sorry to tell you that we've encrypted ALL your data and there is no other way to get it back without paying us:
0.8 in BITCOINS to this address: 1E3zLEiB9iy7SY75jpx636HLVWiV3G6TPx
Pay up before it's too late!
You've got 48 hours to pay. If you have any questions, just contact us on this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To speed up the process: just send us the following computer id: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX send us your btc
payment, transaction ID and we will send you all instruction how to get your data back.
We are serious people and will always deliver after payment. Be sure NOT to rename
or delete your files, shutdown your computer or contact the law, otherwise it's gone forever!
We're the best. No one has ever seen such a hacker group as we are.
Also, sometimes it can change the wallpaper of the desktop, which also contains information on encryption.
The note looks pretty awesome, especially fraudsters indicate that any attempt to modify the file itself will lead to data loss. However, we should immediately tell you that judging by the analysis of lately, TrumpHead cryptovirus actually does not decrypt anything. This is just a trick. That is, even if you pay the ransom, then you pay for nothing. Do not pay attention to the messages that appear. Better to read our instructions to remove TrumpHead right now.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How TrumpHead Ransomware infected your PC
Such crypto viruses infect a computer using the vulnerability of user network settings. You need to use paid versions of antivirus software and other programs that can really prevent such threats from entering. Also, do not download any content from suspicious sites. If you have already found TrumpHead Ransomware on your PC, then you can use our recommendations, which are listed below.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will TrumpHead Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the TrumpHead Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of TrumpHead Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of TrumpHead Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by TrumpHead Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of TrumpHead Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi