Infected with UNNAM3D Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is UNNAM3D Ransomware
Today’s article will be devoted to UNNAM3D cryptovirus which has become popular in the last week of March of this year. Like many similar threats, it encrypts user files with the AES algorithm and then requires a ransom Point. This also changes the extension of the encrypted files to .rar, after which they become unsuitable for further use. Despite the fact that the virus is aimed at English-speaking users, according to the latest data, this has spread throughout the planet. Below we give a picture of note demanding fraudsters, which contains information about the methods of redemption.
-YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN LOCKED-
All your personal files have been locked and you need to pay a ransom to get them back. You will have 24 hours to pay nor the password will be deleted of our servers making it impossible to get your files back.
How do i pay?
You will need to send an message to the below discord with a $50 amazon giftcard code. Then you will shortley get an message back with a password to unlock your files.
It can not be argued that the note is informative, however, UNNAM3D states that the user must pay a ransom of $ 50. Of course, this is not a very large amount. However, we still do not recommend you to pay, as there is no guarantee that fraudsters will indeed decrypt your files. Also, fraudsters resort to intimidation, they say that if within a day the user does not pay the ransom, then his files will be irretrievably deleted. This is a lie. Below you can find our recommendations to remove UNNAM3D right now.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How UNNAM3D Ransomware infected your PC
UNNAM3D comes through unprotected user network settings as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a program or utility. This happens because users rarely use paid antiviruses. Instead, they prefer freebies, which are not able to prevent the entry of such threats. Below you can see our recommendations to remove UNNAM3D right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will UNNAM3D Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the UNNAM3D Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of UNNAM3D Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of UNNAM3D Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by UNNAM3D Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of UNNAM3D Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi