Infected with Vegclass Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Vegclass Ransomware
Vegclass is a ransomware that is very similar to Mahasaraswati, JohnyCryptor, Ecovector and JohnyCryptor. Once Vegclass has infected your computer, it encrypts various data. After finishing encrypting process, this ransomware adds .Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl extension to the name of all the encrypted files. It will create text file named “How to decrypt your files” in each folder with the encrypted data. Also this ransomware changes wallpaper on your desktop. Every change Vegclass makes on your PC is stating developer’s demands. These cyber criminals want you to contact them, then they will offer you to restore encrypted files by paying them a certain fee.
You can find their email on the desktop and in each text file. This is what these texts files usually contains:
To decrypt your data write me to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
If you communicate with them through this email, you will get a response similar to this one:
Good morning, dear friend!
We are writing to inform you that our team of network security specialists has analyzed your system and has identified vulnerabilities in the protection.
We kindly draw your attention that defensive operation on your computer is not running properly and now the whole database is at risk.
All your files are encrypted and can not be accepted back without our professional help.
Obviously vulnerability analysis, troubleshooting, decoding the information and then ensuring safety are not a simple matter.
And so our high-grade and quick service is not free.
Please note that today the price of your files recovery is 3 Bitcoins, but next day it will cost 5 Bitcoins.
You should buy bitcoins here https://localbitcoins.com/faq
Read the paragraphs:
1. How to buy Bitcoins?
2. How do I send Bitcoins and how can I pay with Bitcoins after buying them?
The Bitcoin wallet for payment is 1DGMeKSALSkYGkedYDUgcvV8mP77WEGusQ
After the transfer of bitcoins please send email with screenshot of the payment page.
We does not advise you to lose time, because the price will increase with each passing day
As proof of our desire and readiness to help you, we can decipher a few of your files for test.
To check this you can upload any encrypted file on web site dropmefiles.com, size no more than 10 MB (only text file or a photo) and send us a download link.
Certainly after payment we guarantee prompt solution of the problem, decrypt the database to return to its former condition and consultation how to secure the rules of the system safety.
Do not pay to these criminals, investing in their ransom scheme would not help you, because there is no guarantee that they will decrypt your files. That’s why you better try to solve this problem by yourself.
How Vegclass Ransomware infected your PC
Vegclass Ransomware usually infects your PC through infected email attachments. You can also get this ransomware on file sharing networks, including torrent files. After finishing infiltrating process, Vegclass Ransomware take following steps:
- Vegclass Ransomware make a connection with its Command and Control server in order to receive configuration data and other information about your computer.
- Vegclass Ransomware changes your computer’s settings to make it run automatically whenever Windows starts up.
- Vegclass Ransomware is seeking for certain type of data and encrypting it with it’s advanced encryption algorithm.
We highly recommend you don’t visit suspicious sites, don’t download files from untrusted sources to avoid this threat. Way to protect your computer from such threats is to use antiviruses with crypto-protection like HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Vegclass Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Vegclass Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Vegclass Ransomware:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
How to decrypt files infected by Vegclass Ransomware (.Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl)?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt .Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl files. It is free and may help you restore .Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl files encrypted by Vegclass Ransomware virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt .Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl files.
Decrypt .Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of Vegclass Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – Vegclass Ransomware by Vegclass Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .Vegclass(@)aol.com.xtbl files using shadow copies
- Download and run Shadow Explorer.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from.
- Right-click on folder you want to restore and select Export.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Restore encrypted files using Recuva
Some ransomware threats make copy of original files, encrypt them and then remove original files. In this case you can try to restore this files using free Recuva software.
- Download and run Recuva.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and click Next.
- View restored files and put a check near those you want to recover.
- Click Recover button.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Information provided by: Alexey Abalmasov