What is ViluciWare Ransomware
ViluciWare ransomware is a cryptovirus that encrypts user data using a multi-stage algorithm, after which these files become unusable. Moreover, it affects files such as photos, videos, archives, documents of the MS Office, and much more. For most users, such data is critically important, which is why they are ready to spend almost all their money on recovering non-working files. Also, in some cases, ViluciWare ransomware removes shadow copies of files and system restore points. Thus, cybercriminals try to deprive users of the opportunity to use standard data recovery tools.
The activity of the cryptovirus was detected in the last decade of August, and, despite the fact that the virus is aimed at English-speaking users, the virus nevertheless spread almost all over the world, including Latin America, Asia, and so on.
Also, ViluciWare ransomware changes the file extension to .locked. Moreover, it is impossible to rename the files to the correct format on your own. Also, ViluciWare ransomware creates a pop-up window, which contains information about the ransom and more.
You have been taken by the viluci!
all your files have been encrypted to unencrypt add Imminent #0001 on discord to get your files and pc back
The scammers did not indicate the exact amount of the ransom, however, according to our information, this could be as high as $1,500. Moreover, this money must be paid in cryptocurrency. Scammers use discord to communicate. Be that as it may, we strongly discourage you from paying, use our recommendations to remove ViluciWare ransomware and decrypt .locked files.
How to remove ViluciWare Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will ViluciWare Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the ViluciWare Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Aiseesoft Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of ViluciWare Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by ViluciWare Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of ViluciWare Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.