What is WebResult.info hijacker
WebResult.info may replace your browser’s homepage without your permission. If you encounter such a problem, then browser hijacker has entered your computer. The browser hijacker is a type of malware which is used for advertising purposes and link promotion. That’s why it spoils user’s searching experience with irrelevant results filled with commercial content. Besides, the hijacker can flood your browser with numerous advertisements that can come in the form of banners, in-text links, and pop-up ads. These ads may show up in random places or even in the text on the browser. Finally, WebResult.info virus causes misleading redirects to affiliate websites and secretly collects user’s personal information. If you want to stop such activity, you need to remove WebResult.info from your browser. To do this, follow our step-by-step guide.
How WebResult.info hijacker gets on your PC?
In most cases, potentially unwanted programs, such as adware and malware, come without the user’s consent, complete with free programs and the Internet. This happens because users rarely pay attention to the installation package that they receive when they download a program. Scammers often hide malware as an additional component of the installation package. You need to closely monitor the installation process, and also pay attention to the list of components and elements of the program. Moreover, you need to use special software that is able to prevent the penetration of such threats. If WebResult.info has already penetrated your computer, then you need to use our recommendations, which are listed below, to remove it.
How to remove WebResult.info hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove WebResult.info hijacker manually. For uninstalling WebResult.info hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove WebResult.info hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find WebResult.info hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find WebResult.info and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find WebResult.info, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate WebResult.info and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove WebResult.info from your browser.
Step 2: Remove WebResult.info from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find WebResult.info.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose WebResult.info.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable WebResult.info.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove WebResult.info from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find WebResult.info Pop-ups.
- Turn of WebResult.info from Allowed to Block.