Infected with X_Mister Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is X_Mister Ransomware
Today we will talk in detail about X_Mister Ransomware cryptovirus, which became very common in late March of this year. This is an updated version of Alco Ransomware. Like many analogs, it comes to your computer and encrypts user data, including documents, audio, video, multimedia, archives, and more. These files are encrypted using an algorithm, and then it becomes unusable for further use. It also adds an extension .Mr-X666 to these files, which makes decryption almost impossible. Moreover, fraudsters leave a special note HOW TO BACK YOUR FILES.txt, which contains information on methods of redemption and decryption of files. Here’s what it looks like:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!
TO DECRYPT, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS:
To recover data you need decrypt tool.
To get the decrypt tool you should:
1.In the letter include your personal ID! Send me this ID in your first email to me!
2.We can give you free test for decrypt few files (NOT VALUE) and assign the price for decryption all files!
3.After we send you instruction how to pay for decrypt tool and after payment you will receive a decryption tool!
4.We can decrypt few files in quality the evidence that we have the decoder.
DO NOT TRY TO DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR FILES BY YOURSELF YOU WILL BRAKE YOUR DATA !!! ONLY WE ARE CAN HELP YOU! CONTACT US:
ATTENTION !!! THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL ID WICH YOU HAVE TO SEND IN FIRST LETTER:
The note scammers offer to send them an email with several files to try to decrypt. This is a trick, you need to try the mentality right now, because even if you pay (the amount of redemption can reach several hundred dollars), then there is no guarantee that fraudsters really do not encrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How X_Mister Ransomware infected your PC
Like many other cryptovirus, X_Mister Ransomware comes through unsecure network settings. You need to use antivirus software and other utilities that can prevent the penetration of such viruses. Point Also, you need to use paid versions of antiviruses, since free versions may not protect your computer. Below you will find detailed instructions for removing X_Mister Ransomware and decrypting your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will X_Mister Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the X_Mister Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of X_Mister Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of X_Mister Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by X_Mister Ransomware?
You can try to use manual mX_Misterods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of X_Mister Ransomware remove system restore files, this mX_Misterod may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi