What is Your Free PDF Converter hijacker
Your Free PDF Converter is a browser extension that is promoted as a tool that helps with PDF file conversion. Despite its legitimate look, many computer experts classify it as a browser hijacker. As soon as Your Free PDF Converter enters the computer, it changes the browser’s configuration and sets new tab URL, search engine and homepage. All the search queries that users enter into new search engine bring out results from Yahoo. Although Yahoo is a legitimate search engine, users might notice a huge amount of commercial links leading to affiliate websites. Hence, the app which claims to help users convert files is actually useless since its main purpose is to display advertising content to users with the help of pop-ups, redirects, and sponsored search results. Therefore, you should immediately remove Your Free PDF Converter, especially if the program entered the computer without you noticing. To do this, follow our step-by-step guide.
How Your Free PDF Converter hijacker gets on your PC?
In most cases, potentially unwanted programs, such as adware and malware, come without the user’s consent, complete with free programs and the Internet. This happens because users rarely pay attention to the installation package that they receive when they download a program. Scammers often hide malware as an additional component of the installation package. You need to closely monitor the installation process, and also pay attention to the list of components and elements of the program. Moreover, you need to use special software that is able to prevent the penetration of such threats. If Your Free PDF Converter has already penetrated your computer, then you need to use our recommendations, which are listed below, to remove it.
How to remove Your Free PDF Converter hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove Your Free PDF Converter hijacker manually. For uninstalling Your Free PDF Converter hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Your Free PDF Converter hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Your Free PDF Converter hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Your Free PDF Converter and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Your Free PDF Converter, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Your Free PDF Converter and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Your Free PDF Converter from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Your Free PDF Converter from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Your Free PDF Converter.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Your Free PDF Converter.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Your Free PDF Converter.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 3: Remove Your Free PDF Converter from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Your Free PDF Converter Pop-ups.
- Turn of Your Free PDF Converter Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.