Infected with ZariqaCrypt Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is ZariqaCrypt Ransomware
Recently, one of the most common computer threats is cryptoviruses. ZariqaCrypt is one of these viruses, extorting money for decryption. First, the extortionist encrypts most of the user files of different formats, such as png, jpg, pdf, doc, docx, xls and so on. In addition, ZariqaCrypt changes the extension of these files to .crypt. After these manipulations, the files become unusable for further use. It is worth noting that if you go to restore the files yourself, then you will not succeed, because the virus deletes shadow copies of files and system restore points. After encryption ZariqaCrypt creates a file note DECRYPT.txt that contains information about the buyback, here’s how this note looks:
Hello. Your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
If you want to restore them, write ID:[redacted 7 numbers] to the mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the contents of the note, we can conclude that scammers make the user believe that he has a problem with the computer’s security. To unlock, intruders are asked to contact them and then disclose the amount of foreclosure, which may reach several hundred dollars. Of course, it is worth noting that this is a trick, you do not need to pay in any case. We suggest that you read our recommendations and instructions to remove ZariqaCrypt right now.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How ZariqaCrypt infected your PC
Every day scammers become more and more inventive and improve the developed viruses, however, penetration on the PC occurs according to an almost unchanged scheme. In most cases, the reason for infection of the computer is the insecurity of network settings and the lack of a good antivirus program. Also, do not forget that ZariqaCrypt can come in the form of an attachment in the spam mailing. As if the virus did not penetrate, the main thing is that you need to get rid of ZariqaCrypt immediately.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the ZariqaCrypt virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to ZariqaCrypt – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of ZariqaCrypt:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by ZariqaCrypt?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of ZariqaCrypt remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi