What is Convertersearchtool.com
Convertersearchtool.com is a browser extension claiming to improve users’ searching experience. In reality, its main purpose is to generate advertising profit. Once inside, it changes the settings of a browser including a default search engine, homepage, and new tab. The user also may notice an increased amount of advertisements surfing the Internet. Moreover, the hijacker collects and analyzes private user information about network activity, browsing history, saved passwords, and so on. This information is passed on to third parties for unknown purposes. In general, we advise you to remove Convertersearchtool.com right now using our guide.
|Name||Converter Search Tool|
|Type of threat||Browser hijacker|
|Symptoms||Browser hijacker changes homepage and search engine of browser so that users are forced to use them. It fills the targeted browser with commercial content in form of pop-ups, banners, in-text links, audio/video ads, etc. Also, hijacker can occasionally cause redirects to third-party websites|
|Infiltration||Freeware programs, illegal software, software cracks, torrents, fake updates|
|Manual Removal||To eliminate threat manually, you should remove all files and applications related to the browser hijacker|
|Removal Tool||To completely get rid of hijacker, We recommend using SpyHunter. This is the only way you can be 100% sure that all components of the threat are removed from the system.|
How to uninstall Convertersearchtool.com hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to uninstall Convertersearchtool.com hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove Convertersearchtool.com hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Convertersearchtool.com hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Convertersearchtool.com and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Convertersearchtool.com, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Convertersearchtool.com and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall Convertersearchtool.com or Convertersearchtool.com Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application Convertersearchtool.com from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Mac OSX
After that uninstall Convertersearchtool.com from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Convertersearchtool.com from browsers
If you cannot remove the extension from Google Chrome, as the delete icon is greyed out and the extension is marked as “managed by your organization”, you should first perform steps described in the How to remove Managed by your organization from Chrome? article and only then proceed with the removal.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Convertersearchtool.com.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Convertersearchtool.com or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Safari.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Convertersearchtool.com.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Convertersearchtool.com.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Safari.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Google Chrome.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Written by Ilyas J