What is Covenant Eyes?
Covenant Eyes is an absolutely legal application, intended to be used by parents as parental control tool or prevent porn-addicted people from watching adult content. However, its keylogging ability can be used for gathering private information from unsuspected users or preventing them from visiting certain websites.
Covenant Eyes is internet filtering and parental control tool, that helps parents to prevent children from watching porn, overcome porn addiction for grown-ups and save relationships or marriage. It can be also used as a corporative firewall, to prevent employees from watching porn. Covenant Eyes can be installed on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Any devices, that support these operating systems can be controlled by Covenant Eyes. If users notice, that they cannot access some sites, or detect keylogging activity and this is not part of the contract or mutual agreement, this is the reason to remove Covenant Eyes.
How Covenant Eyes gets on your PC?
Covenant Eyes can only be installed manually by a person, who has administrator access to victim’s computer. It installs deeply into the system with using drivers and services for internet filtering, however, it cannot be uninstalled in normal mode. It is not visible to the victims except running processes CovenantEyes.exe and InstallWatchdog.exe and folder named CE created in Program Files. to be able to remove Covenant Eyes without a master password you will need special tools and instructions, that you can find in the article below.
How to remove Covenant Eyes from your computer?
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Or uninstall Covenant Eyes manually.
Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking
To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
Step 1: Remove Covenant Eyes from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Covenant Eyes.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Covenant Eyes and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Covenant Eyes, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Covenant Eyes and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall Covenant Eyes or Covenant Eyes Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
- Tap and hold the Covenant Eyes icon until it starts to shake.
- Tap X that appears in the upper left-hand corner. Covenant Eyes will be removed from your device.
- If X does not appear, that means restrictions are set up on the device and applications cannot be uninstalled.
- To turn this setting off, go to the Settings. On the Settings page, tap General
- On the General opens, select Restrictions
- It will ask for a four or six-digit passcode to enter this screen. Enter the password.
- Restrictions page will open. Choose Disable Restrictions
- The device will prompt you for your four or six-digit passcode.
- After you enter it, restrictions will be disabled.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Covenant Eyes:
Stop following processes:
Remove following registry entries:
value: "Covenant Eyes"
data: "C:\Program Files\CE\CovenantEyes.exe"
data: "C:\Program Files\CE\InstallWatchdog.exe"
Remove following files:
Remove following folders