Infected with DJVU Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is DJVU Ransomware
DJVU is a pestiferous virus that damages user data. Like analogs, DJVU has AES-256 algorithm of encryption, because of which files become unavailable for further use. There is no data on the change of the file extension. This cryptovirus became most active on late of December 2018 in English-speaking countries. However, it is worth noting that recently this virus has spread throughout the world. Like many similar threats, this creates a special note _openme.txt that contains information about the buyout:
------------------------ ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ------------------------
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files documents, photos, databases and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees do we give to you?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information
Don't try to use third-party decrypt tools because it will destroy your files.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
The note contains the address where the user needs to contact the attackers. Like many other scammers, the developers of this crypto virus demand a ransom in the cryptocurrency. Of course, we do not recommend you pay money. There is no guarantee that scammers really restore your files. We strongly recommend that you remove DJVU right now and try to decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How DJVU Ransomware infected your PC
In general, this cryptovirus spreads on forms. It is worth noting that most often this comes in the form of an attachment to a spam mailing list or how you can update for software. This happens because users neglect anti-virus protection. You need to use antivirus or similar programs that can prevent the penetration of potentially unwanted programs, in particular DJVU. If you have already found that DJVU crypto virus encrypts your data, then use our recommendations to remove it and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will DJVU Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the DJVU Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of DJVU Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of DJVU Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by DJVU Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of DJVU Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Tim Kas