What is iMusic Search
iMusic Search (also presented as Search by iMusic) is a malicious extension, similar to https://i.gomusix.com/search/123. It hijacks all common browsers installed on the PC: Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Mozilla. Malware is designed by ienjoyapps.com for replacing of default search engines. This makes changes to the browser settings, after which every new tab redirects users to different music stores, for example to http://www.musixhub.com/?lnk=store. Moreover, different types of ads can appear at any time during browsing. It is also worth noting that the adware constantly redirects the user to third-party sites which, in turn, are also full of advertising content. This is very annoying, so we strongly recommend that you get rid of iMusic Search right now.
How iMusic Search pop-ups gets on your PC?
iMusic Search comes through specially designed sites, such as ienjoyapps.com. Also, iMusic penetrated by installers and downloaders without the user’s consent. This happens mainly when the user downloads freeware apps from the unknown sources. You need to follow the installation process and pay attention to the list of items and permissions that are included in the installation package. In case iMusic Search has already infected your browser, then use your instructions to remove it immediately.
How to remove iMusic Search pop-ups from your computer?
The easiest and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Also, you can try to remove iMusic Search pop-ups manually. For uninstalling iMusic Search pop-ups remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove iMusic Search pop-ups from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find iMusic Search pop-ups.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find iMusic Search and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find iMusic Search, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate iMusic Search and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove iMusic Search from your browser.
Step 2: Remove iMusic Search from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Search by iMusic.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose iMusic Search.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find iMusic extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable iMusic Search.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove iMusic Search from Android:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find iMusic Search.
- Turn of iMusic Search from Allowed to Block.
Written by Tim Kas