What is Search.coolmediatabsearch.com
In this report, we will talk in detail about the Search.coolmediatabsearch.com hijacker. This is a potentially unwanted program that comes without consent. It looks like a legal search page, furthermore, according to the developers, it allows convenient buttons for quick access to popular sites, pages, social networks and much more. Moreover, it may seem that this will emphasize browning experience and the effectiveness of search queries. In fact, this is not correct. Search.coolmediatabsearch.com hijacker changes the settings of in your browsers that are installed on your system. First of all, it changes the default homepage, as a result of which the browser is constantly redirected to this website. Also important is the fact that this hijacker collects personal information about the user, including browser history, Internet activity and more. These data may be transmitted to third parties for further use of targeted advertising and for other unfair purposes. Whatever it was, we strongly recommend that you remove Search.coolmediatabsearch.com immediately.
How Search.coolmediatabsearch.com gets on your PC?
As mentioned above, Search.coolmediatabsearch.com is a browser hijacker, such threats come to the computer without user consent through special downloaders and installers. This happens at the time of downloading free software or utilities from the Internet. This is due to the fact that users very rarely pay attention to the installation process. You need to follow the installation of a program, also do not forget to choose the advanced type of installation to see all the components of the installation package. If Search.coolmediatabsearch.com has already penetrated the computer, then use our recommendations to remove this right now.
How to remove Search.coolmediatabsearch.com from your computer?
The most easy and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Also, you can try to remove Search.coolmediatabsearch.com manually. For uninstalling Search.coolmediatabsearch.com remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Search.coolmediatabsearch.com from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Search.coolmediatabsearch.com.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find My TV Center and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find My TV Center, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate My TV Center and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove My TV Center from your browser.
Step 2: Remove My TV Center from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find My TV Center.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose My TV Center.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Search.coolmediatabsearch.com extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable My TV Center.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove My TV Center from Android:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find My TV Center Pop-ups.
- Turn of My TV Center Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.
Written by Rami Douafi