Infected with CRYBrazil Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is CRYBrazil Ransomware
CRYBrazil Ransomware is an extortionist, aimed primarily at Portuguese-speaking users, in particular, the Brazilians, but this does not mean that this does not apply to users of other countries. This virus encrypts data on the user’s computer with the most complex algorithms, changing their extension to .HACKED or .CRYBRAZIL. The difficulty lies in the fact that the encryptor selects a unique algorithm each time, which excludes the possibility of independent decryption. After that, the user cannot open these files, restore it, or return to the computer state point created earlier, because CRYBrazil Ransomware deletes all recovery points. After penetrating the PC and encrypting the files, CRYBrazil Ransomware sets the file as the desktop wallpaper
With following text:
Ele que é o palhaço, mas sou eu quem põe fogo no circo.
Todos os seus arquivos foram criptografados, para recuperá-los de volta entre em contato: LOSALPHAGROUP@PROTONMAIL.COM
He's the clown, but it's me who set the circus on fire.
All your files are encrypted, to get them back, contact us: LOSALPHAGROUP@PROTONMAIL.COM
The developers offer the user to buy a special decryption code, which will help restore the files to their original state. However, this is not more than lies. You will pay them a few hundred dollars and nothing will change. The best way out in this situation is to remove it immediately, using our recommendations.
How CRYBrazil Ransomware infected your PC
Often, CRYBrazil Ransomware comes in the form of updating Java, Flash Player or as an attachment of spam mailings. In some cases, it comes bundled with free software. One thing is clear, you need to get rid of CRYBrazil Ransomware right now. For this, you can use our instructions and recommendations. HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the CRYBrazil Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to CRYBrazil Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of CRYBrazil Ransomware:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
How to decrypt files infected by CRYBrazil Ransomware?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt Spora files. It is free and may help you restore files encrypted by CRYBrazil Ransomware virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of CRYBrazil Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – CRYBrazil Ransomware by CRYBrazil Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .lock, .1btc or .mich files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi