What is Web Companion?
Web Companion is a potentially unwanted program that comes as an extension to the browser without the user’s knowledge and treat Intruding Apps. Web Companion distributes advertising. Web Companion displays banners, coupons, and links to ad sites. Web Companion can add an intrusive toolbar and change the settings of your browser, for example, the home page. Also, the results of your search can be replaced by advertising links. Web Companion is not a virus, but it can cause irreparable damage to your PC. Web Companion can also gain access to your personal information and send it to third parties. Web Companion increases web traffic and significantly slows down the computer. Web Companion created in order to make money. Many of the proposals of the program are false. Be very careful if you find yourself on a PC Web Companion. Then delete it right now.
How Web Companion gets on your PC?
The penetration of such programs depends largely on the care of users. Most malware comes bundled with other programs that the user downloads from the free sites. Few are closely watching the installation process, and sometimes do not know that their computer is at risk. Always read the user’s agreement and don’t press the “Next” button once. First, make sure that the program is safe. Select advanced installation type. Remember that there are many similar programs on the Internet. Read reviews about the programs, and if your computer is already infected by Web Companion, then use the instructions below.
How to remove Web Companion from your computer?
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Or uninstall Web Companion manually.
Step 1: Remove Web Companion from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find suspicious and unfamiliar extensions.
- Click the trash can icon to remove them.
Remove Web Companion from Chrome on Android:
- Open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Web Companion.
- Turn of Web Companion from Allowed to Block.
Remove Web Companion from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Web Companion.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Remove Web Companion from Microsoft Edge:
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Web Companion extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Remove Web Companion from Internet Explorer:
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Web Companion.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
If you still got that problem, most likely there is a rogue application that causes Web Companion pop-ups and redirects installed on your system. To finally get rid of Web Companion adware, you should remove all recent suspicious programs that you are sure you didn’t install.
Step 2: Remove Web Companion pop-up from system
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the app.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find the app and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find the app, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on Apps & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate the app and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.