Infected with EnybenyCrypt Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is EnybenyCrypt Ransomware
EnybenyCrypt is another cryptovirus that encrypts user data. Needless to say, these viruses are the most dangerous lately, because the user risks losing important data and wasting money. Let’s try a little more to understand this virus. The main activity of this occurred at the end of October and it is aimed primarily at English-speaking users, however, according to our data, this virus has already spread throughout the world. This encrypts user data using AES-256 encryption algorithm, after which these files become unusable. It is worth noting that this changes the file extension to .crypt888. As well as similar threats, EnybenyCrypt creates a special note file Hack.html which contains information about the purchase:
Your files was encrypted with AES-256 Millitary Grade Encryption
Contact to email@example.com or im flush your files to toilet and fuck using my dick!
Pretty rude note, isn’t it? Be that as it may, you may have noticed that the note does not contain information about the methods of redemption. The note only indicates the email address by which you can contact the attackers. As a result, the amount of the ransom may increase to hundreds of dollars. Of course you do not have any need to pay this ransom, because no one promises you to return your files. In the end, you can just lose your money. You need to carefully study our recommendation to try to delete EnybenyCrypt and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How EnybenyCrypt infected your PC
Most crypto viruses use similar methods to penetrate a user’s computer. This virus is no exception, as a rule, it comes as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a program or utility that is installed on your computer. The main reason for the penetration of such viruses is an unprotected network. In order to protect your network settings, you need to use antivirus software that can prevent such threats from entering. To do this, use the paid version of antivirus. In case EnybenyCrypt has already penetrated your computer and encrypted your files, then you need to use our instructions to remove it right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the EnybenyCrypt virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft – fully removes all instances of EnybenyCrypt – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of EnybenyCrypt:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by EnybenyCrypt?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of EnybenyCrypt remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi