Infected with Langolier Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Langolier Ransomware
This is another article about crypto viruses, in particular, about Langolier. This is a cryptovirus that arrives on the PC without the user’s consent and encrypts the files that are in your system. Langolier is one of the Scarab family. Typically, this affects files that are most valuable to ordinary users, such as photos, videos, archives, office documents, and so on. Also, it is worth noting that this changes the file extension to .langolier, which makes files unsuitable for further use. Also, it is worth noting that the virus creates a special file HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT that contains information about the options for redemption:
all your files have been encrypted.
Your personal ID:
If you want to recovery your files, you need the decryptor.
You should send us e-mail with your personal ID and 3 (three) files (non archived) to
receive the decryptor.
If your mail server doesn't send e-mail to our contacts, we recommended you to create
an e-mail on Protonmail.com (https://protonmail.com) or India.com (https://mail.india.com/account/login)
>>> Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived!!!), and files should not contain
valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.). We recommeded to send pictures,
text files, sheets, etc.
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price
(they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Malefactors suggest the user send them three files for trial decryption. However, in order to decrypt all files, the user must pay a ransom in the amount of several hundred dollars. Of course, this is big money. We do not recommend you to pay, because there is no guarantee that scammers will really return your files to you. We recommend that you use our recommendations to try to delete Langolier and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Langolier Ransomware infected your PC
The lion’s share of crypto viruses, in particular, Langolier, come through unprotected network settings. The main reason for this is the lack of antiviruses and other software that can prevent the penetration of viruses. We recommend that you use our instructions to permanently delete Langolier and decrypt files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Langolier Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Langolier Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Langolier Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Langolier Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Langolier Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Langolier Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi