How to reset search and homepage settings in Safari
Possible reasons of resetting settings in Safari browser:
- If your browser got infected with some malware hijacker, a reset operation is needed;
- Browser reset is necessary to clean up your cache and browsing history;
- If you want to change homepage;
- In case you need to change search engine.
Issues with search settings
Most of the malicious software changes search engine to some hijacker, for example www-searching.com. You’ve installed some free software and got your search engine changed or replaced by any other searching system. Your current search engine is not working anymore.
Issues with homepage settings
Most of the malicious software changes your homepage to some other page that is usually full of suspicious domains. You’ve installed some free software and got your homepage changed or replaced by any other page. Your current homepage is not working anymore.
Reset search settings
- Choose the Safari menu, then click on Preferences;
- Select the Search icon;
- Change the drop-down for search engine: to search engine that you wanted to place.
You can always set any webpage to your homepage, and it will appear in any new window or a new tab.
- Click Safari, then Preferences;
- Find select General;
- Set your homepage: Enter a webpage address in the field of the Homepage, or you can select Set to current page to use the webpage you are presently viewing;
- Open new tabs with your homepage: Choose the New windows open with displayed menu, then select Homepage;
- Open new windows with your homepage: Choose the New windows open with displayed menu, then select Homepage.