How to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10
This is a quite common issue in Windows 10 caused by the simultaneous operation of Google Chrome as well as Skype. 100% disk usage issue could also cause other programs. To fix this do the following:
Step 1: Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Choose Settings.
- Go to Privacy and security section and select Cookies and other site data.
- Find and disable Preload pages for faster browsing and searching option.
Step 2: Skype
- Close Skype and make sure it’s not running in the taskbar (if it is running in the taskbar then quit it).
- Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\.
- Right click Skype.exe and select Properties.
- Open Security tab, then select ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES and click Edit.
- Place a tick in the Write box then click Apply.
Now launch Skype and Google Chrome to check the Disk Usage in Task Manager. I hope it will no longer show you 100% disk usage.