How to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10 caused by SysMain service
If you are experiencing problems with 100% High Disk Usage consuming by SysMain service, then this article is for you. SysMain is a Windows system process that runs in the background. In some cases, it can operate incorrectly making the computer freeze. A temporary solution to this problem is a reboot, but of course, this is not an option for us. Today we will tell you to completely fix 100% High Disk Usage due to SysMain service.
- Run Command Prompt as adminstrtor.
- Type following command and press Enter key:
“sc stop “SysMain” & sc config “SysMain” start=disabled“
- You should get [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS after command execution. Close Command Prompt and check if issue is resolved.
If you still have this issue, go to next step.
- Launch Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SysMain.
- In the right pane, double click on Start and set it to 4.
- Close Registry Editor and reboot your machine.
Now check if 100% High Disk Usage due to SysMain service issue is resolved. I hope it will no longer show you 100% disk usage.