Infected with Air Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Air Ransomware
Today let’s talk about Air cryptovirus, which is flooded with many computers around the world. But for starters, let’s see what is a cryptovirus. A cryptovirus is a computer threat that, after penetration, encrypts user data, which can be of great value. These can be office documents, archives, photos and other multimedia. Also, the cryptovirus changes the extension of these files, in particular, Air assigns the .air extension. As it follows from this, files are no longer usable. Below we provide an image of the note FILES ENCRYPTED.txt that the cryptovirus leaves.
As well as similar threats of this type, Air requires a ransom in the form of bitcoins. Thus, fraudsters are trying to avoid punishment, since transactions involving cryptocurrency are almost impossible to track. Be that as it may, we do not recommend you to pay them, as the attackers simply have money about you. There are no guarantees that your files will be decrypted. Below you will find our instructions and guides, thanks to which you can try to delete Air and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Air Ransomware infected your PC
This comes through gaps in the user network, as users often do not use antiviruses or use free versions of antiviruses. This is wrong. Choose the software that can really prevent the penetration of such viruses. Do not feel sorry for this money. If Air has already encrypted your files, then check out our guides to get rid of it.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Air Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Air Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Air Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Air Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Air Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Air Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi