Infected with Clop Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Clop Ransomware
First, let’s see if that is what it is. Clop Ransomware is a cryptovirus that encrypts user data of various types, such as documents, office, video, photos, multimedia, archival, much more. Recently, this virus has spread almost worldwide, despite the fact that it is aimed at English-speaking users. It is worth noting that this, like analogues, encrypts user data using an AES algorithm, after which the file becomes unusable for further use. It also changes their extension to .Clop. The cryptovirus carefully leaves a note ClopReadMe.txt that contains information about the ransom.
Your network has been penetrated.
All files on each host in the network have been encrypted with a strong algorithm.
Backups were either encrypted or deleted or backup disks were formatted.
Shadow copies also removed, so F8 or any other methods may damage encrypted data but not recover.
We exclusively have decryption software for your situation
No decryption software is available in the public.
DO NOT RESET OR SHUTDOWN – files may be damaged.
DO NOT RENAME OR MOVE the encrypted and readme files.
DO NOT DELETE readme files.
This may lead to the impossibility of recovery of the certain files.
Photorec, RannohDecryptor etc. repair tools are useless and can destroy your files irreversibly.
If you want to restore your files write to emails (contacts are at the bottom of the sheet) and attach 2-3 encrypted files
(Less than 5 Mb each, non-archived and your files should not contain valuable information
(Databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.)).
You will receive decrypted samples and our conditions how to get the decoder.
Your warranty - decrypted samples.
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software.
We don`t need your files and your information.
But after 2 weeks all your files and keys will be deleted automatically.
The final price depends on how fast you write to us.
This note contains information on how to communicate with the attackers, for the subsequent payment of the ransom, which may be equal to several hundred dollars. Of course, this is a huge amount. Moreover, scammers in every possible way try to intimidate users, saying that his files will be completely erased. Of course, this is a lie. We strongly recommend that you use our instructions to take advantage of all the possibilities for removing Clop Ransomware.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Clop Ransomware infected your PC
Methods of penetration of viruses on the computer have been described many times, and Clop Ransomware is no exception. This comes through unprotected network settings, coming as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as an update for the program and utility. You need to use paid antivirus software that can really prevent this kind of threat from entering. Below you will see our guides to help you remove Clop Ransomware and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Clop Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Clop Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of Clop Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Clop Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Clop Ransomware?
You can try to use manual mClopods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Clop Ransomware remove system restore files, this mClopod may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi