Infected with Combo ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Combo ransomware
Combo ransomware is a new version of Dharma/Cezar Ransomware, which spotted in july 2018. It can encrypt all files on your PC using the AES-256 crypto algorithm without permission. Every encrypted file become unavailable and get new complex extension [victim’s id].[email of scammers].combo or [victim’s id].[email of scammers].cmb. Note: you should not remove .[email@example.com].combo or .cmb files. At present moment we know about three different extensions of Combo Ransomware:
After that, every user with an infected PC becomes a victim of extortion. For this purpose, the cryptovirus creates a special FILES ENCRYPTED.txt files on the desktop and in other folders. Cyber scammers demand BTC 0.55 for a decryption key.
1. Decoding cost
The cost of decryption is 3 500 $. We receive payment only in BITCOINS. (Bitcoin is a form of digital currency)
All your Remote desktop passwords hacked. Change all user passwords to more harder. Immediately!
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Do not trust anyone! Only we have keys to your files! Without this keys restore your data is impossible.
3. Free decryption as guarantee
You can send us up to 1 file for free decryption.
Size of file must be less than 1 Mb (non archived). We don`t decrypt for test DATABASE, XLS and other important files. Remember this.
4. Decryption process:
To decrypt the files, transfer money to our bitcoin wallet number: "1Q1rUuBjq9HmzDsuT9EZoYWG7J1sQFPLca". As we receive the money we will send you:
1. Decryption program.
2. Detailed instruction for decryption.
3. And individual keys for decrypting your files.
5. The process of buying bitcoins:
The easiest way to buy bitcoins:
IMPORTANT! Don`t use coinbase! it take more than 2 week to make coinbase verification.
Attackers encouraged users to contact them for further instructions. Scammers will not return user files to their original state, their only purpose is to get your money. Read our guide to remove Combo ransomware and decrypt encrypted files.
How Combo ransomware infected your PC
Cyber scammers demand a large sum for decryption and unfortunately some victims to pay a ransom. We think that you shouldn’t accept their “offers” because real decryption by the hackers is not warrantied. The virus attacks a PC via spam emails, or over unprotected RDP configuration. If your system already infected by a ransomware virus, you should remove Combo ransomware and decrypt .[firstname.lastname@example.org].combo or .cmb files
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Combo ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Combo ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Combo ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Combo ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Combo ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas