Infected with CSP Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is CSP Ransomware
This article will be devoted to CSP Ransomware cryptovirus, which has spread to almost all corners of the planet lately. Like many other analogs, it penetrates the PC seamlessly to the user, then encrypts user data using the AES algorithm. Moreover, CSP Ransomware changes the extension of the infected files to _csp. The types of files that are encrypted may vary. For example, there may be office documents, archives, audio and video, multimedia and much more. Be that as it may, infected files become unusable for further use. It is also worth noting that the virus deletes shadow copies of files and system restore points in order to complicate or completely eliminate the possibility of file recovery. Like other crypto viruses, CSP Ransomware creates HOW TO DECRYPT[*****].txt file containing information about redemption:
!!!!!!!Your files are encrypted!!!!!!!
--> 1.Do not try to recover your files on your own or with someone else,
because after the intervention you can remain without your data forever.
--> 2.You can send a file to test our ability to recover your files.
--> 3.You have 48 hours to contact us,
otherwise you will be left without access to the files forever.
--> 4.If you see this text, then your files are no longer accessible,
because they have been encrypted.
--> 5.Perhaps you are busy looking for a way to recover your
files, but don't waste your time. Nobody can recover your files without our
--> 6.We guarantee that you can recover all your files safely and easily.All you
need to do is submit the payment and purchase the decryption key.
Please follow the instructions :
1.Contact us at BitMessage: BM-2cTsAkCn4he27fxB52VkVEcKTS45JvfpCQ
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.Send this file
Scammers try to scare the user as much as possible, claiming that after a certain time their files will disappear forever. Thereby, they force the user to pay a ransom in the amount of several hundred dollars in cryptocurrency equivalent. In no case do not pay, this is a hoax! Use our recommendations to remove CSP Ransomware immediately.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How CSP Ransomware infected your PC
Like many similar crypto viruses, CSP Ransomware comes through vulnerabilities in user network settings. Anyway, you need to use antivirus software, and paid. Only there you can really protect your PC from such threats. Use our recommendations to get rid of CSP Ransomware now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will CSP Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the CSP Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 – fully removes all instances of CSP Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of CSP Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by CSP Ransomware?
You can try to use manual mCSP Ransomwareods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of CSP Ransomware remove system restore files, this mCSP Ransomwareod may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Douafi