What is Cyrat Ransomware
Cyrat Ransomware is a crypto-virus that encrypts data in the user’s system, then demands a ransom. In more detail, we note that this belongs to the Python ransomware family. Like previous versions of these crypto viruses, Cyrat Ransomware encodes photos, videos, archives, MS Office documents, multimedia, and more. After such changes, the user cannot change these files, restore them to their original state, and even just use (open) them. That is why many are ready to pay any money so as not to part with their data. Also, the cryptovirus changes the file extension, giving them a new ending .cyrat. After such actions, the files become completely inoperative.
The activity of the virus was noticed towards the end of August of this year, and, moreover, messages about encryption come from different parts of the world, which indicates that the virus has long crossed the borders of the English-speaking population. Cyrat Ransomware creates the RANSOME_NOTE.txt text document containing information on encryption and ransom methods. This is how it looks:
The harddisks of your computer have been encrypted with an very very strong encryption algorithm.
There is no way to restore your data without a special key.
Only we can decrypt your files!
To purchase your key and restore your data, please follow these three easy steps:
1. Email the file called EMAIL_US.txt at Desktop\EMAIL_US.txt to email@example.com
2. You will recieve your personal BTC address for payment.
Once a payment of $1000 in btc has been completed, send another email to firstname.lastname@example.org Titled “PAID”.
We will check to see if payment has been paid.
Note: If you make your payment within 2 days, the fees would be slashed by half, that is $500 in btc
3. You will receive a text file with your KEY that will unlock all your files. You have 2 days from today being Aug-27-2020
IMPORTANT: To decrypt your files, place text file on desktop and wait. Shortly after it will begin to decrypt all files.
Do NOT attempt to decrypt your files with any software as it is obselete and will not work, and may cost you more to unlcok your files.
Do NOT change file names, mess with the files, or run deccryption software as it will cost you more to unlock your files and Your files might be lost forever.
Do NOT send “PAID” without paying, price will double for disobedience.
Do NOT think that we won’t leave your files encrypted forever because we will”
Don’t know what btc is? Visit https://bitcoin.org
Fraudsters demand from users the full payment of the ransom, the price of which is $500, and this money must be paid in bitcoins. By the way, cybercriminals choose cryptocurrency as settlements in order to avoid being caught by law enforcement officers, since such transactions are almost impossible to trace. As for payment, we do not advise you to pay, there is no guarantee that you will get the desired result. Use our instructions to remove Cyrat Ransomware and decrypt .cyrat files.
How to remove Cyrat Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Cyrat Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Cyrat Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Aiseesoft Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Cyrat Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Cyrat Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Cyrat Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data loss is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.