Infected with DLL CryptoMix Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is DLL CryptoMix Ransomware
DLL CryptoMix is a cryptovirus whose activity occurred in March of this year. Despite the fact that it is aimed at the heads of speaking users, it has spread almost all over the globe. More specifically, this cryptovirus encrypts user data with an algorithm, then changes their extension to .DLL. The changes made make the downloaded files unsuitable for further use. These can be office documents, photos, videos, multimedia and more. As a rule, these files are of some value to users. Fraudsters require a ransom in bitcoins. Also, it creates a file note _HELP_INSTRUCTION.TXT with the requirements of the ransomware, below you can read about it.
Attention! All Your data was encrypted!
For specific informartion, please send us an email with Your ID number:
Please send email to all email addresses! We will help You immediately!
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE ANY PUBLIC SOFTWARE! IT MAY DAMAGE YOUR DATA FOREVER!
Like other crypto viruses, DLL CryptoMix requires a ransom, reaching several hundred dollars. It is important that the user must pay in cryptocurrency. This is done in order to bypass the protection system, as well as to avoid prosecution by law enforcement. We do not recommend you to pay, because, perhaps, your files will not be returned. This is a worthless risk. Below you can see the options to remove DLL CryptoMix and decrypt the files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How DLL CryptoMix Ransomware infected your PC
Most often DLL CryptoMix comes as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false software update or utility. This happens for two reasons, firstly because of user inattention, the other reason is the absence of a legitimate antivirus. Below you can read our recommendations to try to remove DLL CryptoMix and decrypt your files right now.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will DLL CryptoMix Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the DLL CryptoMix Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of DLL CryptoMix Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of DLL CryptoMix Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by DLL CryptoMix Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of DLL CryptoMix Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi