Domn ransomware is another cryptolocker from same people who are responsible for the development of DJVY ransomware-type virus. Just like its predecessor, the new one affects personal data on a victim’s computer making them unreadable. Following infiltration, it starts encrypting procedure with AES encryption algorithm. Domn Ransomware comes to the computer using the vulnerability setting up the user network, due to the lack of adequate anti-virus software or other programs that can prevent the entry of similar viruses. It can also come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a utility or program that is contained in your system. Anyway, you need to use antiviruses and other programs that can protect your PC. Below you will find our recommendations to remove Domn Ransomware and decrypt your files.
Once the encryption procedure is finished, all affected files get .domn extension. Also, the ransomware will drop text files with a ransom note – _readme.txt. Cybercriminals will offer you a deal – pay 980$ for decryption of your files:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
How to remove Domn Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Domn Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Domn Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Try SpyHunter for Mac
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Domn Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Domn Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Domn Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.