What is Estemani?
Estemani ransomware is a new virus, that is actively spreading around the internet. In order to keep data safe, we strongly recommend not to open suspicious attachments from spam emails. A proper anti-virus application may help too, as consequences of ransomware viruses are quite disastrous. If Estemani somehow managed to sneak into victim’s system, it will immediately run encryption procedure with RSA-2048 + Salsa20 encryption algorithm to encode victim’s sensitive and vulnerable files (documents of any type, images, videos). Estemani ransomware encrypt files without adding an extension. Use this tutorial to remove Estemani ransomware and restore files.
Once data on your computer is encrypted, Estemani will display create HOW_DECRYPT_FILES.txt file. You can find demands and instruction on how to pay the ransom for decryption key in this window and text file. This is what Estemani ransom note contains:
We are pleased to announce successful encryption of your machine.
All the hosts in your network have been encrypted with FUD and powerful encryption algorithm(s) – RSA-2048 + Salsa20.
Any attempt to decrypt data by yourself is futile.
The cost for decryption begins from 0.75 Bitcoins (BTC) and depends on your business size.
Email address: email@example.com
HOST ID: XXCLO***
To avail decryption software and service send details about unique HOST ID and the contact email address and Follow the instructions for hassle free decryption process.
Note: The Host ID and Email addresses are unique and private. Any leak of information will result in direct ban to our services.
We won’t be responding to any communications about free decryption. We follow simple business policy – No Money! No Decryption.
How Estemani Ransomware infected your PC
Most crypto viruses, in particular, Estemani Ransomware, come to the computer. Using the vulnerability setting up the user network, due to the lack of adequate anti-virus software or other programs that can prevent the entry of similar viruses. It can also come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as a false update for a utility or program that is contained in your system. Anyway, you need to use antiviruses and other programs that can protect your PC. Below you will find our recommendations to remove Estemani Ransomware and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow tEstemani easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Estemani Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Estemani Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Try Norton Antivirus
Norton Security Deluxe detects files, registry values and folders of viruses, pop-ups, ransomware or trojans. You have the choice of subscribing to Norton for malware removal, typically starting at $49.99 for a one year license
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Estemani Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Estemani Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Estemani Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.