Infected with FenixLocker Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is FenixLocker Ransomware
In this article, we will talk in detail about FenixLocker Ransomware that comes to your computer and encrypts user data, including cops, audio, video, multimedia, and much more. It uses special algorithms and adds an extension .email@example.com!! to encrypted files. Of course, the files become unusable for further use. It also creates a special text file Cryptolocker.txt or Help to decrypt.txt that contains detailed information about the methods of redemption. Below you can see it.
All of your files are encrypted, to decrypt them write me to email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This, like many other cryptoviruses, FenixLocker requires a ransom from the user, which can reach several hundred dollars. Moreover, the attackers specify a special email address at which the user must contact the attackers to pay cash compensation. Be that as it may, we strongly recommend that you pay, as no one guarantees that your files will be returned in its original form. Below we have indicated several options for removing FenixLocker and decrypting your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How FenixLocker Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, the cryptoviruses, in particular FenixLocker, come through a secure user network configuration. This happens because users rarely use adequate versions of antivirus software or do not use them at all. This is an Error. You need to use paid versions of antiviruses that can really prevent such viruses from entering your system. Also, we want to note that this may come as a false update for any program or utility. Gently point out possible ways to remove FenixLocker and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will FenixLocker Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the FenixLocker Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of FenixLocker Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of FenixLocker Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by FenixLocker Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of FenixLocker Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi