Infected with Gillette Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Gillette Ransomware
This is Gillette cryptovirus that encrypts user data with AES algorithm. This cryptovirus has become very common around the world in recent weeks, despite the fact that initially it is aimed at English-speaking users. Like many analogues, you encrypt user data of various formats, making them unsuitable for further use. It also changes their extension to .Gillette. Below we will indicate special text file Decrypt DATA.txt, which is a note containing details on redemption
All your important files are encrypted
There is only one way to get your files back: contact with us, pay, and get decryptor software.
We accept Bitcoin
You have Your personal identifier, write it in letter when contact with us.
Also you can decrypt 1 file for test, its guarantee what we can decrypt your files.
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
For decrypt your data write to email
Contact information: email@example.com
and tell us your unique ID - ID-[8 uppercase alphanum]
Like any similar cryptovirus, Gillette indicates a ransom amount of $ 3,000, after which the scammers undertake to decrypt your files. However, this is not so, Especially since there are no guarantees that they will really return your files to you. We recommend using our recommendations to remove It and decrypt your files yourself.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Gillette Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, Gillette comes through unsafe network settings. Taking advantage of the fact that users rarely use paid antivirus software, free antivirus software can do little against such threats. You need to use paid software that is able to secure your system. Below you can find our recommendations to remove Gillette and try to decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Gillette Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Gillette Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Gillette Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Gillette Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Gillette Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Gillette Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi