Infected with Golden Axe Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Golden Axe Ransomware
Today we will talk in detail about Golden Axe cryptovirus which became popular in March of this year. Despite the fact that the developers aimed primarily at English-speaking users, it spread almost throughout the world. Let’s first understand that there is a cryptovirus. This is a virus that encrypts user data in various formats including audio, video, multimedia, archives, and more. After encryption, this changes their extension to .
Hello! The cost of the decryption program at the moment is $ 3000[/size]
For payment you have 6 hours - you need to buy bitcoin and pay for my wallet.
If you do not pay the decryption program within 6 hours - the price will be $ 5000
Buy bitcoin is best on the site https://localbitcoins.com , choose your country - buy Bitcoin
and pay to my wallet: 1CTzR5oW4uQdY3xhHnmisD3M8shh7qcd6e
After you pay, you will receive all the necessary instructions to decrypt your files.
Like other scammers who spread similar viruses, Golden Axe requires a ransom of a few hundred dollars in the file encryption. Also, attackers offer the user to send a few files to the sample, which they codify de encrypts. Of course, you don’t need to believe them, as there are no guarantees that they will really decrypt your files and return them. We We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with our recommendations in order to try to remove Golden Axe and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Golden Axe Ransomware infected your PC
The main reason for the penetration of viruses is that user networks are very often unprotected. This happens because users rarely use paid antivirus software, which is really able to prevent the penetration of such threats. You need to buy reliable antiviruses and other programs that will help you secure your system. If you had already detected Golden Axe on your computer and it has already encrypted your files, then read our recommendations to remove It.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Golden Axe Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Golden Axe Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Golden Axe Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Golden Axe Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Golden Axe Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Golden Axe Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi