Infected with Jack Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Jack Ransomware
Jack is a cryptovirus, which has become very common in recent weeks, namely in early May of this year. Like other and similar crypto viruses, it encrypts user data in various formats, which can be of great value to the user. These can be photos, video, audio, office documents, archives and much more. Of course, the developers of this virus are mainly trying to take the user by surprise. Also, it changes the extension of these files to .jack, making them unsuitable for further use. Below we have indicated a special note RETURN FILES.txt that is created by a virus to inform the user about possible methods of redemption:
All FILES ENCRYPTED "RSA1024"
All YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED!!! IF YOU WANT TO RESTORE THEM, WRITE US TO THE E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
IN THE LETTER WRITE YOUR ID, YOUR ID 1E857D00
IF YOU ARE NOT ANSWERED, WRITE TO EMAIL:email@example.com
YOUR SECRET KEY WILL BE STORED ON A SERVER 7 DAYS, AFTER 7 DAYS IT MAY BE OVERWRITTEN BY OTHER KEYS, DON'T PULL TIME, WAITING YOUR EMAIL
FREE DECRYPTION FOR PROOF
You can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
When you make sure of decryption possibility transfer the money to our bitcoin wallet. As soon as we receive the money we will send you:
1. Decryption program.
2. Detailed instruction for decryption.
3. And individual keys for decrypting your files.
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Fraudsters intimidate users by saying that the decryption key will be deleted after 7 days, thereby hurrying users. The attackers specified email addresses by which they can be contacted. Of course, we do not advise you to pay for several reasons. For example, the redemption amount may be several hundred dollars in cryptocurrency equivalent. This is big money, isn’t it? Well and, the main thing, there are no guarantees that your files will be really decrypted. Below you can read our guides to try to delete Jack and decrypt files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Jack Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, Jack and similar crypto viruses get through unsafe networks due to the lack of effective anti-virus software. Also, it can come as a false update for programs installed on your system or as an attachment in a spam e-mail list. However, you need to use antiviruses that can really prevent the penetration of Jack and analogs. The following are possible ways to remove Jack and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Jack Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Jack Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of Jack Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Jack Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Jack Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Jack Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Written by Rami Duafi
首先，您需要删除此病毒，然后尝试使用标准Windows工具还原文件或使用程序来还原文件，例如Date Recovery Pro