What is Kasp Ransomware
If you find that your files cannot be opened and have the .kasp extension, it means that you have been attacked by the Kasp Ransomware. This virus belongs to a large family of crypto viruses called Stop (DjVu). Ransomware from this family work according to the same scheme, namely, they infiltrate a PC through unprotected network settings and then encode files using a complex algorithm. After these changes, this data cannot be used. As mentioned above, Kasp Ransomware changes the file extension to .kasp, after which the old extension cannot be returned. Far from it, you can harm the data. Also, Kasp Ransomware creates a text file in each folder containing encrypted data. This file is called _readme.txt and this is what it contains:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of Kookvering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Fraudsters demand from the user to pay a ransom, the amount of which is $980 or $490. The size of the ransom depends on how soon the user pays, namely, the lower price is valid only 3 days from the moment of encryption. Be that as it may, we do not recommend that you pay, as there is no guarantee that you will get your data back, even if you fully comply with the requirements of the attackers. Below you will find our recommendations and instructions to help you remove Kasp Ransomware and decrypt .kasp files.
How to remove Kasp Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Kasp Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Kasp Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Aiseesoft Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Kasp Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Kasp Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Kasp Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.